Friday, December 4, 2009

Poetry and Purcell; my upcoming gig.

So a couple months ago, my very talented friend Jan Van Stavern asked me if I wanted to be involved in a project with her. She's written a book of poetry based upon her and her husband's experiences in adopting their daughter Zoe from China, and her publisher asked if she would do some readings by way of publicity's sake. (Read all about it here at Jan's entertaining blog.) I was honored that she asked me to collaborate with her and play some music, so next month we'll be doing two gigs: one for the kiddies and one for the grownups. I'll be playing mandolin and piano in a range of selections, including Bach, Henry Purcell, Eddie Vedder, Chinese folk songs, and even an original or two of my own. Would love to see any of my friends/peeps/fans who like wine or beer, poetry and music in the audience. No cover charge!

No comments: